Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

1/26-2/1

Time still ceases to amaze me. Being an exchange student I feel like I have all of the time in the world- whether it is because I have a ton of free time or because I get to experience so much, I couldn't say. One moment I could be sitting at home bored and the next thing I know three weeks has passed and I realize I have actually been really busying doing things! That is the case since the last time that I blogged. My solution for this long time gap is to have a separate post for each week so that I can break down what I have been up to lately.


“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.” 
― Dr. Seuss 

The week of 1/26 to 2/1 had a pretty surreal  "where one 'life' ends another begins" feeling. On the 26th I had to say goodbye to a fellow exchange student friend. She was here through a different exchange program that only lasts for 6 months. While the actually saying goodbye part was hard, we threw an amazing sayonara party. The day started with all of the exchange student friends meeting in the city and doing karaoke (it was my first time!). A couple of things to note about this: 
1. Exchange students are AMAZING at karaoke... 


2. As exchange students we were able to sing in multiple languages!
3. We were put in the Ethnic Room. Coincidence? 


After we sang for a few hours we met up with a teacher and some kids from their school (I was the only one from a different school), making our group around 20 people, and went to Okonomiyaki. So tasty!


The 27th was the exact opposite kind of day. Mai and I went to Mami's house to welcome Jaimee, the newest addition to our Rotary Exchange Student Group (*Mami is leaving for her exchange to Australia in March and Jaimee is from Australia). We listened to a lot of K-pop, played cards, and ate a lot of sushi!

On the 31st we had the finals for our mini soccer sports festival. It came down to my class being tied for first place! Unfortunately we weren't able to pull off a win during the PKs, putting us in second place. The great thing about Japan is that no one was sore about losing. Everyone was just happy that we got to play and that the weather was really nice for our games!

The English Speaking Club at my school held a welcome party for Jaimee. The party basically consisted of us eating a lot of Japanese snacks and speaking English- not too shabby!


Then I got to go home and eat cake for my host sister, Hiroko's birthday! The funny thing is Hiroko is actually in Minnesota right now on exchange- so we took pictures and video of us singing happy birthday to her with her cake. The cake was a delicious chocolate roll cake with whipped cream and cherry (probably) filling.


Sayonara from Osaka, Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment